6pm, Friday April 26th at Le Cagibi (5490 St. Laurent, Montreal)
Imogen Binnie is on a North America tour to promote her new book Nevada, and bless our hearts, she is coming to Montreal. Join us at Le Cagibi for readings by Imogen Binnie, Mihra-Soleil Ross, Lady Sin Trayda (Ryan Thom) and Morgan Sea. The will be books available for sale and nachos too. This event is co-presented by the Queer Between the Covers book fair and Tranzister Radio.
ABOUT THE BOOK!!!!
Nevada is the darkly comedic story of Maria Griffiths, a young trans woman living in New York City who is trying to stay true to her punk values while working retail. When she finds out her girlfriend has lied to her, the world she thought she’d carefully built for herself begins to unravel, and Maria sets out on a journey that will most certainly change her forever.
Imogen Binnie is the author of the zines The Fact That It’s Funny Doesn’t Make It A Joke and Stereotype Threat. Additionally, her work has been anthologized in The Collection: Short Fiction from the Transgender Vanguard, released in Fall 2012. She is currently a monthly contributor to Maximum Rocknroll and has previously written for Aorta Magazine, The Skinny and PrettyQueer.com. She writes about books at www.keepyourbridgesburning.com. Nevada, her first novel, was released by Topside Press in April, 2013.
Mirha-Soleil Ross is an interdisciplinary artist, storyteller, writer, translator and social justice activist. She is widely known for her work in video, performance, theatre as well as for her critical contributions to transsexual and sex worker political movements and cultures. Her work is featured in The Romance of Transgression: Queer Sexualities, Nations, Cinéma (McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2006), and the Canadian Theatre Review (spring 2007).
Ryan Kai Cheng Thom aka Lady Sin Trayda and China Rose is a transgender writer, spoken word artist, and drag and burlesque performer based in Montreal. Their work explores the love, laughter, and loss embedded in the experiences of diaspora and queerness, and celebrates communities in the margins. They have performed at national festivals the Canadian Festival of Spoken Word and were a finalist at the Vancouver International Poetry Festival 2012. ( ladysintrayda.wordpress.com )
Morgan Sea is a super-contemporary artist living and loving in Montreal. She likes cats, comics, cuddling, and alliteration. This is her website, MorganSea.com, where you can find her videos, performance work, some drawings and zines. Morgan is also a host on Tranzister Radio, a radio show made by and for trans*people.
27 Notes/ Hide
- ealperin reblogged this from fuckyeahlesbianliterature
- ealperin likes this
- haydenscraps likes this
- perrywinxxx reblogged this from prettyqueer
- hucketry reblogged this from fuckyeahlesbianliterature
- sassysynd1cal1st likes this
- sintrayda reblogged this from morgansea
- criticalfaggotry likes this
- femalephenomenonglamzon likes this
- hustlingfortime likes this
- odofemi likes this
- adifferentkettleoflemonade reblogged this from fuckyeahlesbianliterature
- raunchysongbird likes this
- fuckyeahlesbianliterature reblogged this from queerbookclub and added:
- queerbookclub reblogged this from prettyqueer
- prettyqueer reblogged this from morgansea
- morgansea reblogged this from tranzister
- dandyfied likes this
- talitubby reblogged this from tranzister and added:
- talitubby likes this
- morgansea likes this
- aabita-giizhig likes this
- inkstainedqueer reblogged this from tranzister and added:
- inkstainedqueer likes this
- tranzister posted this